Finland has closed its borders from travelling and this has a strong impact on the traffic and activities of the port of Helsinki. Cargo traffic operations are continuing, even though passenger traffic has practically stopped altogether.
Vessel traffic at the passenger harbours
- Tallink Silja: M/S Silja Europa, M/S Star, M/S Silja Serenade, M/S Silja Symphony
- Viking Line: M/S Gabriella, M/S Mariella,
- Moby SPL: M/S Princess Anastasia
- Eckerö Line: M/S Finlandia
- Tallink Silja: M/S Megastar
- Viking Line: M/S Viking XPRS
|West Terminal 2||x|
|West Terminal 1||x|
Traffic at Vuosaari Harbour
Traffic at the Vuosaari Harbour continues normally with the exception of Sea Wind, operating the route between Vuosaari and Muuga, not taking on any passengers for the time being.
Vuosaari Harbour real-time situational status:
Border checks within the Schengen area are put in operation as of March 19, 2020, at 00:00.
This may have an effect on the flow of the traffic.
News form the Boarder Guard: https://www.raja.fi/current_issues/facts/news_from_the_border_guard
The passenger traffic has practically stopped and the state of emergency can also be seen at the amount of cargo traffic.
• Port of Helsinki traffic statistics are published once a month, the last one being February 2020.
• Weekly traffic updates are published here on Fridays:
Port of Helsinki Ltd own operations
Port of Helsinki Ltd is doing everything it can to ensure the continuity of the operations in the coming weeks.
In this situation the Port of Helsinki Ltd has decided to grant quay side lay up to our regular customers from today to the end of April for the price of one vessel fee, in the case the vessel is not in traffic.
- Finnish Government, information on coronavirus: https://valtioneuvosto.fi/en/information-on-coronavirus
- Finnish Institute for Health and Welfare, latest updated on coronavirus: https://thl.fi/en/web/infectious-diseases/what-s-new/coronavirus-covid-…
- Finnish Port Association, covid-19: http://www.finnishports.fi/eng/news-and-articles/finland-transport-mobi…
service for media, office hours: tel. 040 5065280
outside office hours: tel. 050 354 3616
Published March 18, 2020. Last updated March 30, 2020, at 15:55