Public transport connections to the West Harbour will change as a consequence of extensive changes to rail traffic in Helsinki that will take place on 6 April 2021.
- Route 6T to the West Terminal will be terminated. The last day of operation will be Easter Monday, 5 April.
- For four weeks, 6 April–2 May, route 7 will be rerouted to Hietalahti via Bulevardi, and will not operate to the West Terminal. Track and street works will be carried out in front of West Terminal 2 in preparation for commissioning the Atlantinkatu track section and Atlantinsilta Bridge on 3 May.
- 6 April – 2 May A replacement bus route 7X will be operating to West Terminal 2. Bus number 22 from Lauttasaari to Punavuori via Ruoholahti and Hietalahti will also provide replacement connections.
- The schedules for all tram routes will also change.
Diversion route of tram 7 and replacement bus 7X from 6 April to 2 May
Tram routes will be back in operation from 3 May 2021
- Routes 7 and 9 will operate to the West terminals from 3 May.
- Route 9 will be continued from Saukonpaasi to the West Terminal along Atlantikatu and the new Atlantinsilta Bridge.
- Route 7 will return to its old route.
- Replacement bus route 7X’s operations will be ended.