Families – West Terminal 2
The special needs of families with children are well taken into accout at Helsinki ship terminals.
When arriving at the terminal by car, if possible, you can first leave large luggage and family members in the short-term parking area near the terminal.
Long-term parking in the West Harbour can be found in the Satamaparkki car park, approx. 300 m from the terminal. The parking space can also be booked in advance at www.satamaparkki.fi.
It is about 100 m from the nearest tram stop to the terminal.
Check-in can be done at the terminal during the day of departure
- with a self-service machine or
- through the shipping company’s own application or
- at the check-in desk, which is staffed.
The check-in desks opening times are specific to the shipping company, and more detailed times can be found on their own websites.
Things to do in the terminal
- Children’s play wall for the youngest in the family, where you can play various small games
- With the interactive iWall game wall, you can play several exercise and fun games alone or with a friend
- On the 1st floor and 2nd floor of the terminal, you can find baby care facilities with the accessible toilets.
Terminal has accessible routes.
- The passenger gates on the lower floor start working approx. 2 – 2.5 hours before the ship’s departure time
- Tallink Silja Line’s ships depart from the left or eastern side of the terminal, and Eckerö Line’s ships from the right or western side.
Access to the ships is accessible..