Skip to main content
Developing South Harbour
Ongoing and future projects
Renovation of the Olympiaparkki car park
- Renovations will be carried out on the car park situated at the ground floor of Olympia Terminal. Lever gear doors are replaced, lightning upgraded and air source heat pumps are installed. This project enhances the comfort of travel and reduces energy consumption of the car park.
- Estimated to be completed 10/2022
Recently completed projects
Onshore Power for berth EO2
- The Port of Helsinki built a new onshore power connection at the Olympia Terminal berth EO2.
- This project was connected to the implementation of the Port’s carbon neutral programme. Onshore power supply makes it possible to reduce the climate emissions generated while ships are berthed in port.
- This project is part of the streamlining of the sea traffic between Helsinki and Tallinn as well as the development of the Europe-wide Ten-T network. The construction is partly funded by the EU investment project TWIN-PORT IV
- Completed in June 2021